Monday, December 24, 2012
Merry Christmas Eve
Sorry...it's been 14 days since my last blog. First, Merry Christmas Eve to everyone. Hope you enjoy or have enjoyed your time with family!! We had a great time in Santa Barbara for Christmas #1. Thank you all for our gifts...and a special thank you to Toby for Battleship. They are playing it now which means I cannot nap in the living room haha. It is pretty cool though. Next Christmas is tomorrow with our little family, Rusty me and Cody! Then we send Cody off to his mom's and don't see him again until after the new year :( Now for some baby stuff! I am 16 weeks and 3 days today. We have an avocado size baby (or turnip size as Rusty's app says) in my belly. I am no longer feeling sick...whoo hoo...and I'm not exhausted all the time although I do still take naps. I feel human again and am functioning as normal.
A little about the baby:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop. **I copy pasted the above so just b/c it says 'his' doesn't mean it's a he...we find out very soon. Another 3ish weeks and we'll be able to announce the sex of our little bundle of joy that I'm pretty sure bites me every once in a while**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment