Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Rusty and I look forward to 2013 for many reasons...one being half way through this year our little one will be born!! These belly pics are at 17 weeks and 2 days.
Our baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Our baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and it's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. The baby can move its joints, and the sweat glands are starting to develop.
I'm starting to fit into maternity clothes now. Guess my butt is getting too big haha. Thank you to those of you that have been so kind as to lend me what you have so I don't have to spend a ton of money!! It's much appreciated. How I'm feeling you might ask? Well, I've been a bit emotional. I cry about a lot...more than I did before. I've been very hungry but just enough to eat almost constantly (not big meals though). I'm able to wear perfume again! And I can eat things that I had to X out in the first trimester because it would make me sick. One of my really good friends is planning my shower and we've started to talk about it briefly but it has now become all so real!! So fun!! Enjoy your New Year and talk with you soon.
Oh I also wanted to share a VERY cute picture of Cody on his first Christmas that Lori just brought over! Awww...go ahead say it! (sorry it's sideways...when it loads here that's what happens)

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your blogging. It is great to hear how you and the family are doing. It will be fun to watch your bump turn into a big bump.
    Love Mom Lori

    ReplyDelete