I went into labor, my water broke, at 5:00am on Friday, May 31st and Zoey was born at 1:57pm on Saturday, June 1st. After 33 hours of labor, I went into the OR for a c-section...something I didn't want from the very beginning but I was stuck at 7 centimeters for HOURS with no progress. My doctor called me to apologize and told me what we had to do. My blood pressure was really high when I went into labor. I didn't have a problem during pregnancy or anytime in my life so it was a concern. She was very well worth it. About half way through labor and as contractions got more intense, even medicated, I told Rusty that she better be really cute and laughed. Well she is cute and totally worth every contraction, minute/hour, no sleep, pain, and problem!! I got to meet a lot of nurses. All but one I liked. One of the ones, when we moved to the 7th floor, scared me a bit. I couldn't have done it all without Rusty. He was super supportive and didn't try to make me laugh through it all...I wouldn't have been able to do that in all the pain and focusing I needed to do. He was there for me in every way he knew. He told me when contractions were coming to an end. I didn't think this would help but OH MY GOSH it did. He didn't eat. That didn't help me but it helped him. He said it was the only way he knew how to help me which comforted me in a weird way. He was my voice when I wasn't able to have one. Funny story: Because of all my body went through, I found it very difficult to stay awake. I would literally fall asleep in the middle of a conversation with someone and wake up to hearing Rusty answer for me. It was amazing how fast I was able to knock out and hear absolutely nothing. Enjoy the journey at the hospital with me!


















































.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
Isn't it amazing how you could go through anything as long as you get to see her. I am proud of both of you how strong you were during your labor. Now I get to watch you be both kids parents. You will do just great. Don't forget to get rest every now and then. Thank you for letting your families be apart of this miracle.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom/Grandma Lori