Sunday, March 17, 2013

Baby Keil

How our baby's growing: By this week, our baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. How my life changes: I'm in the home stretch! The third and final trimester starts this week. If I'm like most women, I'll gain about 11 pounds this trimester. I took the glucose test which wasn't pleasant but I passed!! I am anemic so my doctor has up'ed my iron pills to 2 a day instead of just 1. I was low on iron before but it went into anemia. I'm beginning to be more tired again. 2nd trimester was definitely easier :) I'm having weird dreams more often. I'm not eating as much but still eating a lot compared to what I ate before I was pregnant. I cannot drink coffee again but this time it doesn't make me sick it just give me heart burn. And by the way, heart burn is not fun AT ALL. I've been super careful about what I eat and if I think I might get heart burn I chew up 3-4 tums immediately. Well, that's life with my baby and me!! We are excited to be able to meet her soon! ((Rusty keeps saying "is my baby done yet? Give me my baby"))

No comments:

Post a Comment