Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fun In The Sun

Before I get into this weekend, I forgot to share Cody's phrase from last week. He and Rusty were talking and Cody said "Sometimes I think I'm smarter than my brain. I mean my conscious. My common sense is dumb." Rusty had quite the laugh and they later shared this with me. The things that come out of this kids mouth are sometimes hilarious! Ok onto this weekend. As usual Rusty has to work on Saturday nights but this Saturday he had to go in and take care of things so he worked earlier than normal and just as long. Poor guy. Grandma Lori called and asked if Cody could play with Rick at the park with his car. Rick and Cody had a play date!! Cody had a great time. From what I hear, Rick's car broke in the beginning so they had to share Cody's car. They used ramps and Rick taught Cody some new things to help him control his car. All this fun made Cody hungry so he finished his lunch I packed for him (how nice am I?). Today, I'm blogging :) and Rusty and Cody are cleaning out Cody's closet to make room for other things. We are slowly but surely getting the guest room to be a nursery, or ready for one at least. We have signed up for a child birthing prep class, a breastfeeding class and we are thinking about taking the Baby Basics class and seeing if we can bring Cody. It would be nice for him to learn how to help with his baby sister! I have a doctor's appointment on April 3rd. Still just going once a month but I assume it will be more frequently soon. Rusty goes to some of them, which I love! Our baby girl is still active but not as much as she was when she had all kinda room. My feet and hands have started to swell, some days worse than others but I try to be aware of it and put my feet up when I can (like when I get home from a long day at work). We are going to register at Babies R Us in a couple weeks! The baby shower is coming up fast! Well that's our weekend! Mostly Cody enjoying his car. He named it The Green Machine. More to come soon!!! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. the guys had a great time. COdu really was catching on once RIck showed him how to tune up the car throught the buttons on the remote. What a differnce that was. We will have to meet him at the park again, when BOTH batteries are charged. Thanks for letting him hang with us.
    Love Grandma Lori

    ReplyDelete